Friday, July 31, 2009
How to Fight the Swine Flu
1. Educate Yourself and make your own decision whether or not it is safe for you and your family to take the swine flu vaccine. Usually new drugs and vaccines go through years (7-10) of clinical trials before public use...Also google the 1976 Swine Flu..before making your decision.
2. Wash Your Hands- Scrub vigorously with soap and warm water. Do not just use the antibacterial hand gel. It simply moves germs around...The scrubbing action actually kills more germs than the gel itself.
3. Stock up on Food and Water - What would it hurt? In case of some sort of actual pandemic or worst case scenario enforced curfew or martial law you will have basic food, water, and medical supplies ready for use in your home.
4. Purchase a couple of N-95 Masks - Good to have just laying around...If you survive the upcoming Apocalyptic Swine Flu then you can wear it while you mow your lawn..
5. Keep a Clean Household - Spray your door knobs with Lysol and use bleach on surfaces such as countertops and bathrooms. Cough and sneeze into your shoulder/sleeve of your shirt.
6. A Healthly Diet/Routine - Take some extra Vitamin C and Zinc occasionally throughout the Fall and Winter. Get plenty of sleep. Do some moderate exercise. Eat balanced and nutritious meals. Don't stress out and live off of caffeine and adrenaline.
7. Have a Sense of Humor - There are multiple published studies about the healing power of laughter...Watch some Dave Chappelle or a Chris Farley movie...