Thursday, November 26, 2009

Poisonous/Destructive Pop Culture






http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=2806

The above link will take you to a very disturbing article on Rihanna and her new album/video which glorifies suicide and mental/physical abuse. This is extremely repulsive due to her recent battering by her ex-boyfriend and pop star Chris Brown.

There is a recent trend in Hollywood and the Entertainment Industry concerning Satanic and Occultic Imagery use in movies and videos. See recent Lady Gaga performances or videos for an example..I grew up listening to all kinds of music...and as every teenager does, I went through a rebellious phase. I used to enjoy listening to Marilyn Manson. He had a shock rock band and often would wear make up, rip up Bibles, and scream obscenities on and off stage. This has been a pretty standard shtick for Heavy Metal since the 70's or 80's (see Kiss, Marilyn Manson, Danzig, Poison, Guns N Roses, etc)

The mixture of violence, men in make up, derogatory lyrics, and occultic imagery upset the Right Wing Conservatives of America and around that the Parental Advisory Label was introduced by Tipper Gore. In retrospect, I regret all of the money I wasted buying those albums... I simply grew out of those trends and never sacrificed an animal or sold my soul to Satan..

The STRANGE/IRONIC trend I have noticed is that POP/MAINSTREAM musicians/artists are now using that same Imagery that Marilyn Manson capitalized on back in the 90's. Marilyn Manson wasn't that big a deal because his music did not appeal to the masses and wasn't on every radio station or playing in the background of every American Teenager's bedroom. But Beyonce, Rihanna, and Lady Gaga are all very Mainstream and get a lot of airtime...

I recommend turning off your television and radio, cancelling your cable, and choosing which programs you enjoy through viewing movies/shows via high speed Internet. You are responsible for your children so YOU SHOULD choose what you allow them to watch and listen to. I am not saying let's all go back to the FIFTIES and play nice, I am saying be AWARE of the poison coming through your television and car radio.

No comments: