The Garage Patriot is back with a new agenda...Bringing down the Cable Industry.
Rates for cable television continue to rise...Comcast services just went up 5$.
Reasons for the increased rate:
- They can. They have a monopoly on cable television. You have a choice between Comcast (Cable TV) and Direct TV (Satellite TV). There are other companies..but not enough to keep prices low through competitive offers due to location and availability.
- More Americans are affected by job loss and unemployment. Thus as people cancel their subscriptions the Cable Companies potential losses are offset by increasing your rates. You are not getting any sort of extra service or channels with the rate increase.
CANCEL YOUR CABLE SUBSCRIPTION RIGHT NOW!
Here is how you will benefit:
- You will save $$$. All you need is high speed Internet to watch free movies and cable television shows through your computer and projected on your television. This is not illegal at all. You only need two extra wires to make this happen!
- You will have more free time. You will have more time to read a book, spend time with your family, or attend classes, go to church, start an exercise routine...whatever you've been putting off you will now have extra hours in your schedule to fill. The lure of television is a ridiculous amount of channels coupled with the DVR or TIVO capabilities to record television at any time and watch anytime. The problem is there you are passively watching television and flipping every channel in attempt to know all/see all which is impossible. This hunger for information can be properly sacieted by choosing your own TV or movie programs for free whenever it is convenient for you, researching subjects on the Internet, and then using the public library or EBAY or AMAZON.COM to purchase books and magazines at discount/reduced prices.
- You will become more attentive and aware of your surroundings. Now that the television is turned off or your TV time is reduced, you will have a new appreciation for quiet/reflective time. You will have more one on one time with your children or spouse. You will feel more alive and less in a 'haze' or 'fog'.
"Watching television induces low alpha waves in the human brain. Alpha waves are brainwaves between 8 to 12 HZ. and are commonly associated with relaxed meditative states as well as brain states associated with suggestibility."
"Alpha waves achieved through meditation are beneficial (they promote relaxation and insight), too much time spent in the low Alpha wave state caused by TV can cause unfocused daydreaming and inability to concentrate. Researchers have said that watching television is similar to staring at a blank wall for several hours.."
"In an experiment in 1969, Herbert Krugman monitored a person through many trials and found that in less than one minute of television viewing, the person's brainwaves switched from Beta waves-- brainwaves associated with active, logical thought-- to primarily Alpha waves. When the subject stopped watching television and began reading a magazine, the brainwaves reverted to Beta waves."
"One thing this indicates is that most parts of the brain, parts responsible for logical thought, tune out during television viewing. The impact of television viewing on one person's brain state is obviously not enough to conclude that the same consequences apply to everyone; however, research involving many others, completed in the years following Krugman's experiment, has repeatedly shown that watching television produces brainwaves in the low Alpha range"
"Advertisers have known about this for a long time and they know how to take advantage of this passive, suggestible, brain state of the TV viewer. There is no need for an advertiser to use subliminal messages. The brain is already in a receptive state, ready to absorb suggestions"
"The television is the easiest, quickest and cheapest way to distract yourself from how you already feel that's ever been invented," says one psychologist in the film."
TO BE CONTINUED...