The above pictures illustrate a need for preparedness...
The ninth/last picture is a lady shopping in a Mexico after the Swine Flu first hit back in April. Notice the mask and bare shelves. In the case of increased Swine Flu deaths (whether real or embellished by the Mainstream Media) people will rush to the grocery store.
The fourth and seventh pictures are from the Katrina Hurricane Disaster. Blackwater, a private military/mercenary group were patrolling the streets and some of the surviving citizens where looting and pillaging.
I recommend that you prepare for martial law, curfews, banning of public gatherings, supposed 'swine flu' outbreaks, and a American Financial System collapse.
Here is a simple checklist of some basic items to have in your household:
- GUNS, KNIVES, AND BASEBALL BATS. You need some sort of weapon to defend yourself and your family from looters and corrupt cops/foreign troops.
- AMMUNITION. A gun without ammo is a paperweight.
- FOOD AND WATER. Purchase some peanut butter, canned goods, beef jerky, beans, rice, MRE's, bottled water, etc.
- BASIC MEDICAL SUPPLIES. Tylenol, ace bandages, peroxide, alcohol, cotton gauze, masks, gloves, ice packs, etc.
- FLASHLIGHTS, BATTERIES, CANDLES, AND MATCHES/LIGHTERS.
- GOLD AND SILVER COINS. Have some extra American Dollars in different denominations on hand as well.
- ALCOHOL AND TOBACCO PRODUCTS. In case of economic collapse or hyperinflation, you will have in demand items to barter with.
- INVENTORY YOUR SKILLS. Are you a nurse, mechanic, pastor, farmer? Any sort of specialized skill would be needed if there were a breakdown in our normal way of life. You could trade your bone setting skills for a pound of bacon and a bushel of apples...
- FAVORITE FAMILY PICTURES, BLANKETS, TOYS, AND CANDY A comforting picture or piece of candy will bring solace to you during uncertain times.
- REEXAMINE YOUR SPIRITUAL/RELIGIOUS BELIEFS. During times of crisis, many people to turn their God or Creator. Have a portable Bible or whatever you believe in available...Genuinely ask and believe that God will help you...
- EXTRA BLANKETS, SLEEPING BAGS, WARM/DRY CLOTHES, AND GOOD BOOTS.
- MAKE FRIENDS WITH THE LOCAL POLICE, EMS, FIREFIGHTERS, AND CURRENT AND EX MILITARY RIGHT NOW.
Below is a good link to the Katrina Disaster. Imagine that you were there and your family was hungry There is no power and the grocery shelves are empty. What would you do?