Thursday, April 23, 2009

4/15/09


I am a casual observer of life. I have never enjoyed politics. I used to believe everything I heard from CNN or ABC news. I guess I got started on this quest for truth like many Americans on Sept 11th. I began to casually watch the news. I was anxious every time the terror alert color would change. I dabbled in the listening to talk radio. I sat in a mixture of horror and excitement when "Shock and Awe" was shown on national television. I scratched my head when Bush gave a speech with a "Mission Accomplished" banner behind him. But like all Americans, I was busy. Too busy to really investigate what in the hell was going in America. I read 1984 by George Orwell at sometime during the Bush Adminstration. I started wondering about Double Speech, Endless War, the Patriot Act, and why war was an okay background noise to have on the television.

Then comes the words "Bailout, Stimulus Package, TARP". I learned that the Federal Reserve is not a branch of the American Govt. but a private banking monstrosity birthed on the Scooby Doo sounding "Jekyll Island". I learned about rumors of mandatory public service for young Americans to instill in them a sense of "patriotism". I watched banks and auto companies that produce unreliable cars receive billions or jillions of my hard earned money. I realized that other people were pissed off about this also. I learned about this old guy, Ron Paul, who had been voicing all of these sentiments about liberty, out of control government, and common sense for about as long as I have been alive.

I waited for the Iraq War to end. Obama said he was gonna bring our boys home..and all of that "change"...But instead more troops were sent to Afghanistan..and as far as I know we are still in Iraq. Then I started to see Obama hobnob with known Dictators, who hate America and hate Capitalism. I saw an American President bow to a foreign Saudi Prince. I saw him shaking hands and smiling with a cutthroat dictator Hugo Chavez.

As an American male, as a father, as a Tennessean, I had to do something. I was watching our great nation crumble right in front of me. I couldn't go on consuming pulp media and celebrity worship. So I start educating myself. I started talking. I went to my first protest....

I hope this will satisfy as an introduction into where this blog is going

No comments: